Sunday 12 February 2012

Crafty Individuals February Challenge

I love Crafty Individuals stamps and admit to having quite a few but for some reason I don't get them out very often. After the class at the Glitter Pot this week with Jenny Mayes where we used different techniques, I decided to get them out and enter the Crafty Individuals challenge which this month is SPRING.



I started with a sheet of the CI Springtime papers. I inked an ivy background mask with versamark and put it with the paper through the Cuttlebug then brushed the debossed leaves with gold Perfect Pearls. I then stuck the paper to a card blank with the edges distressed with Wild Honey ink. The topper is CI-176 which I stamped onto double sided adhesive with pearlescent crimson Brilliance ink and covered the stamped side with acetate. Then I peeled the other backing off and brushed on some Frosted Leaves gilding flakes. The butterflies are cut with the Stampin Up Butterfly Wings embosslit from white card coloured with Wild Honey ink and brushed with berry twist Perfect Pearls. The sentiment is from the CI-256 set, stamped with the pearlescent crimson and clear embossed. It was then coloured with the Wild Honey and brushed with berry twist over some swipes of versamark. The braided trim was from my stash and the swallow and beads are from an old necklace.

I've really enjoyed my morning playtime and what started out as a card is now hanging on my wall.

6 comments:

  1. Keep getting out those stamps and making your pretty creations. Loving the gilding flakes touch. Thanks for joining us in the CI Challenge. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card Kim. Love the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card proves that you need to be inking up those CI stamps a lot more than you are doing!!!!
    Beautiful, Spring inspired colours with wonderful stamping.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Crafty Individuals!
    I've posted a card I made with some of their winter tree stamps anyway. I hadn't heard of a CI challenge. How interesting! I love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card hun.really pretty colours and design and i love the butteflies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card Kim and love that bird charm a nice touch.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete