Thursday 5 July 2012

Polka Doodles Fairies and Fantasy

This weeks Polka Doodle challenge is Fairies and Fantasy. I've made my card in Craft Artist and been having a real good play with it. I started with a basic butterfly shape which I imported and made into a stencil. I them imported the topper from the Sugarplum Fairy CD and laid it over the stencil as a backing then cut it. I've imported the fairy from the same CD and used the cutout studio to remove the second image. This makes her like a png image so you can place her wherever you want without a background. I've done the same with the sun and bird. I've also added some flowers from the Picknix CD. Once I had the design how I wanted, I moved the fairy, the sunflowers and second bird to a different page and printed everything off. Then cut the butterfly out and a second blank one for the back of the card and stuck them together. I've cut the elements out and decoupaged them onto the design. For glitter, I've added diamond stickles to the centre of the flowers and gone over some of the design with a stardust pen. Glamour dust has been added to the fairy wings and the centre of the sun. A lot of playing about but I'm quite pleased with the result.



7 comments:

  1. It's stunning Kim.I love what you have created.
    I have not long started using CAP,its lots of fun though.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! Love the sparkle on her wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kim. Must have another play with my CAP. Callyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorjuss Hun, I adore the shape, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fab, love the shaped card very different and girly :)

    Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles and hope to see you again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for playing along at Polkadoodles this week with your beautiful creation - what a great shape! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete