Saturday 15 June 2013

Masculine Card With Stripes

The girls at Cuttlebug Mania want us to make a masculine card with stripes this week. For my card I've used this layout from Tuesday Morning Sketches


I must admit that this is my second go as the first one I tried with a square card and when it was all put together it just didn't work and ended up in the bin! I've used a Marianne car die as the main image. I do have some proper crafting metal but it is not cheap so I came up with these which at 99p, I thought were great value


And they cut the die beautifully in my Cuttlebug. You'd get 4 of the cars from the centre flat piece and I'm sure I'll find a use for the outside pieces. The stripy backing paper is from a DCWV pad called Cafe Mediterranean. The letters are  Tattered Lace dies again cut from the plate. A few Papermania Mosaic gems to finish






7 comments:

  1. What a clever tip! I'll have to look for those plates. Looks fabulous :D Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart one..why not use what's available..i've just used foil on my card last week for a mirror..this would have been perfect! Thanks so much for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The card and "dad" are great! Never would have thought to use a plate! Great idea and I love your card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tip Kimbo - popped over from Cuttlebug Mania for a sticky... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a great idea!! Very clever. Great effect. Nicely done job on your card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilerious Kim! You Always seem to amaze me! What a clever one you are! Using those plates and make this amazing card!! TFS!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and it looks so effective. Thanks for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week.

    ReplyDelete