Wednesday 18 September 2013

If It Could Go Wrong ...

... it did. Everything about this card went wrong. I found the Hot Diggity Dog topper in a box of bits that I'm trying to use up as it's all really old stuff. I got the matching paper pad out and chose papers with the same pattern in green and pink and decided to follow this layout at Tuesday Morning Sketches


Well, I cut the green paper too small for the background so had to use it for the panels but then cut the pink one too big but I didn't realise until I had glued it and suck down three sides and then tore it as I pulled it off. Luckily there was another sheet of this one left in the pad. I stuck down the strip of pink card and went to put the topper on and realised that I'd already put it on green card cut with a scalloped Nestie when pink would have showed up more but hey, I've kept this topper for a couple of years so didn't want to just dump it. Then, the green foliage that I had already cut was lost so I cut it again in pink - really? Pink foliage! Now the greeting That's from an old Stampin Up set called Circle Of Friendship which I stamped in green in and punched out and layered it on a scalloped punched piece of card but it didn't look right at the bottom left of the image so I had to put it at the top. Card finished, I picked it up to photograph it and the green ribbon was in my lap - I had forgotten to add it. I managed to tuck it under the image but it's had to go around the whole card. And of course I can now see that the left panel is too low!

Now when you look at it, think green where you see pink and pink when you see green and you'll see how it was meant to be. And remember - a blind man would be pleased to see it


And this is what's on the back - an old stamp by JudiKins that I'd totally forgotten about but is just perfect for this card


I'm also entering this into the following challenges
DoCrafts - Birthday
Oldie But A Goodie - Dies & Punches

9 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. Just about got my head around pink being green and green being pink!! I had 3 goes at writing a cheque out today. I asked the person what the date was and they said 18th so I promptly wrote 18th Nov only to be told no it isn't Nov and re wrote another cheque out and put 18th Oct!!!!! Third time she watched me like a hawk so that I got it right. I'm not allowed out much!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of your calamities it's a lovely card and thank you for sharing it with us at Oldie but a goodie!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaos suits you just fine! This is a beautiful work of art! Even the pink foliage looks great!
    Thank you for sharing, Kim.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but I find myself in your post.... :) Love the colors and how it turned out in the end! Good luck on the challenges!
    Henriette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and great use of our sketch. Very nicely done. Thank you for joining this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic!! Maybe not as you planned, but still beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the card looks fab. Well done on perseverance!!! Don't we all have days like that. :-) Callyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Youd never of known Kim its lovely but Ive been there too and you so want to use those bits youve saed up dont you? Good luck in the challenge.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies and punches (happy accidents here, methinks). Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete