Sunday 8 September 2013

Technique Time Tuesday

The August challenge at Technique Time Tuesday is to use the Faux Silk technique. As usual, Mynnette has made a great video of the technique if like me you have never tried it so pop over and have a look.

When I saw this effect, I thought of the sea so for my card I've used some light blue tissue paper. I bought a pack of 20 different colours last year for £1.20 and I was so pleased when I found it almost straight away. I've stamped the Sail Away ship by Stampin Up with Ultramarine Stazon before screwing up the tissue paper and sticking it onto a piece of scrap card. an then matted it onto another piece of white scrap. I didn't want the background to be too busy so I've used Stampin Up's The Open Sea set and Versamark to decorate the Brilliant Blue card. The off cut of this is matted onto some white card and I've added a button with some Papermania bakers twine. The sentiment is from another Stampin Up set called Itty Bitty Banners and is stamped on another snippet so I'll be hopping over to add this to the Playground too





15 comments:

  1. This has worked so well on blue tissue, it's great, another masterpiece! Thanks for joining us at TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Kimbo! LOVE the masculine feel and the blue monochrome--another amazing creation! Thanks for joining us at TTT--love seeing you there! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, absolutely perfect! I do love that technique and it worked so well on blue tissue paper. Clever you.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous kim.i love the fabulous effect with the tissue paper :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card Kim! :) This would make a lovely set in different colors to give as a gift too! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the whole look of it. That stamp looks great with the faux silk technique. Well Done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Thank you for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique and you are right it does look like the sea. Perfect guy card. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique and looks like you aced it! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - love it. The tissue paper is very effective as the background to the super ship stamp. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great technique Kim, lovely card too... Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I love the ship on the faux silk! The light blue is just perfect for your card. Beautiful masculine card! Thanks for joining us at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool & breezy looking. Love this card and I'll be checking the link you provided (and thank you). This is a new technique to me, and I love the dimension you created on your background. Blue & white combos are always so clean looking...sure is gorgeous on your beautiful card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so clever, great use of the technique to make a masculine theme card - I would never have thought of that. The blue and white colour scheme is classic, love the embellishments too- a great card! Thanks for playing along at TTT

    Louise

    ReplyDelete