Thursday 6 February 2014

Highland Painter

It's my SIL's birthday next week and I'm never sure what sort of card to make her so I asked my brother for ideas. The only thing he could come up with is that she's about to decorate their lounge in a Scottish theme so he suggested mountains, log cabins, deer, tartan and heather! It all sounded a bit masculine to me so I've just gone with the decorating, tartan and heather. I've based it on this sketch from Seems A Little Sketchy but it may not be close enough to the layout


The backing paper is from a Paper Cellar pad of tartan papers which I bought for use on masculine cards but this one was just right. Themain  image is an old one from The Digi Garden and is no longer available. The pot and brushes are from a Personal Impressions set by Cathie Shuttleworth called DIY Bits. I've used Promarkers to colour and added some glossy accents on the paint


I'm entering this into the following challenges

I Love Promarkers - Birthday
Country View Crafts - Painty Pleasures
Addicted To Stamps & More - Anything Goes



7 comments:

  1. Awww, this is co cute! :Love how you tied in the painting theme with the colour swatch and paint pot. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love the colors! Thanks for using our sketch and sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely card Kim, such a cute image. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool card! Great use of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at SALS! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, great design, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww this is so adorable :) I lived ur idea, thank you for sharing with us at ATSM !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your colourful card with us at Country View Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete