Sunday 20 April 2014

Charming Modern Whimsy

The current challenge at The Technique Twist is Modern Whimsy and I thought it would go well with the Butterfly Challenge which is Charmed. I wasn't sure about this technique as it's not really my style and I don't even know if this will qualify but I do like to play along. It was also a good opportunity to use up lots of bits from my die snippets box where I've cut things for other cards and they didn't quite go right so I'm also going to play along at Pixie's Snippets Playground (the first time in ages). The pink mats are only partial squares so I couldn't mat them straight but I quite like them at an angle


Forever Friends butterfly ribbon
Printed image (I think it's Lily of the Valley but it was lying loose in a drawer so not really sure)
Joanna Sheen bunting die
Stampin Up Flag die
Me to You papers
Half a Dovecraft doily
Butterfly charm from an old pair of earings


11 comments:

  1. Another pretty card!! Thanks for joining us over at TTTC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Having the mats at an angle looks perfect. I often cut the inside of papers when layering up to save on waste. Love the colour too.
    Great idea to save the bits from old earings as charms. Thank you for fluttering by #5. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kimbo, love the layers, the colours and patterns are so soft and your image is beautifully coloured, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Kim - and the layers look fab! I'm gonna raid my old earrings, brilliant idea!

    Err, that cat is still peeking at me at the bottom left of the screen :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous kim.adorable image and i love your pretty design and bunting ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your card is so cute I love the image it is so soft and cute . Thanks for joining us at TTTC !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special is that.... wonderful indeed love the banner die.. Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Kim..such a cute image and lovely colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty snippet card - I like the layers placed at an angle in the design. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Teds is just adorable, and love the gorgeous rose & the sweet banner dies. Lovely layering. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete