Sunday 13 July 2014

One Layer Card for The Butterfly Challenge

It's the 10th challenge at the Butterfly Challenge and this time Mrs A wants to see one layer only. I'm never really sure as to what constitutes a layer - do embellishment count? Does a sentiment have to be stamped straight onto a card? But then again is the ink another layer? I suppose it's all down to interpretation so I've gone really minimal for my card. I wanted to have some "movement on it so I've used my X-Cut butterfly punch which leaves the butterfly still attached. I've coloured it with Picked Raspberry distress ink and stamped the Stampin Up sentiment with the same ink. It's still a relatively new ink pad but it's so juicy, I had to stamp twice on scrap before stamping on the card. I've hand drawn the border with a fine nib pen. I did think of embossing it with the Swiss Dots folder but decided that would ruin it so I've left it really CAS


2 comments:

  1. A perfect flutterby. I love the colour and the way the sentiment twirls across the card. Less certainly is more here. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. hugs Mrs a. (Butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, how funny. You used one of my options for Mrs A - almost to the letter! Punch and stamp exactly the same. LOVE this card and wish I'd made it now, sigh :(

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete