Friday 2 September 2016

Perfectly Imperfect

When we go to live in the Czech Republic, my craft stash will be severely reduced so I am planning to concentrate on a couple of crafts rather than dabbling in everything. One of the things I want to try is quilling and despite giving all my quilling things away last year I have managed to add a few things to my stash. One of the ladies asked if we could do quilling in a class so that is what we did this week. This is what I made - my first go at quilling


I did think of making a card with the little butterfly for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge as the theme is Kaleidoscope but it didn't seem colourful enough or big enough so I set about looking for patterns but couldn't find one I liked with clear enough instructions so I winged it.

I used Stampin Up's Swallowtail stamp and set about using up the snippets from the days class to make various shapes then placed them over the stamped image.



How clever of Mrs A to choose Kraft as her colour for this challenge. I had planned on using a black background but it looks so much better on Kraft card. The result is not perfect by any means and is a bit bright but it is fun and it makes me smile when I look at it. It also gave me a chance to use some more of the white peel offs I used on my previous card and the sentiment is from a JOFY set embossed with white paper.


Because it's mostly made from snippets I'm taking ot over to Pixie's Snippets Playground

too

4 comments:

  1. Kim, this is beautiful. I can't believe it is your first time at quilling!!!. I love the way you have filled in the butterfly design. Thankyou so much for fluttering by my challenge with it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, this really is fabulous! Perfect quilling and what a glorious array of colours - so clever to make a butterfly as well. I love it :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Kim - just beautiful. Fabulous quilling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cool, it must have taken ages! xxx

    ReplyDelete